«

»

Sep 21

adventures in soap4r

I am trying out Soap4R, and I’ve discovered (as usual) a few hangups along the way.   I played with the self-generating WSDL, but it was difficult to see what was going on, so I used wsdl2ruby.rb to build my classes.

First – I started with a test, that’s one of the ways I like to learn a new service.  I ran into the following problem:

OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: certificate verify failed

To get around that, in my environment.rb (near the top), and also in my test class I add:

require "rubygems"
gem "soap4r"
require "soap/mapping"

I continue to have certificate errors, but I’m not surprised, because I’m using HTTPS against an unsigned certificate. So after I create my driver, I do:

  driver = IDStore.new
  driver.options["protocol.http.ssl_config.verify_mode"] = "OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE"

And now the errors I get seem to be more-or-less related to the task at hand

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>