November 03, 2005
11/03 Carnival Of The Agilists
I'm pleased, honored and excited to announce that the Agile Alliance has agreed to take
the Carnival of the Agilists on as a supported program. Thanks to Mike Cohn for helping me get that set up.
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Jonathan Kohl writes on the subject of Conventional Software Testing on Scrum Team:
- Brian Marick asks himself Four Questions to think about when you're working with your team.
- An interesting article on a challenge that many of us face: Leading Smart IT Professionals by Rajesh Setty.
- How do you get employees to set results-oriented goals. Some ideas at Tricks of the Trade.
Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Kathy Sierra makes some great points in support for more effective documentation in Words and pictures are much better than words alone.
Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Skip Angel discusses perfection in the context of an agile software organization in Perfection is in the eye of the beholder.
- Luke Hohmann discusses disagreement and validation in Until someone says it is wrong, it probably isn't right.
Responding to change over following a plan
- Mishkin Berteig talks about Redistributing Work Among Teams when the teams are unbalanced in their deliverables.
- Joel Spolsky looks at Microsoft's latest service, and contemplates if Massive Frontal PR is incompatible with Ship Early and Often
- Multitasking and Conflict Avoidance. Two articles - Ester Derby and Dale Emery
Agile Tools and Ideas
- Brian Marick points us to some great links on the Fit framework here.. He also has some interesting ideas about Mocking filesystems
- There's a great article on different kinds of progress charts at Agile In Action.
- Glen Alleman has an insightful article on Estimating, PERT and Gantt
- Hal Macomber reviews Meetings, Meetings and More Meetings: Getting Things Done When People Are Involved at his site.
Quote Of The Day
A good plan violently executed today, is far and away better than a perfect plan tomorrow"- General George S. Patton
AdministriviaHave something that you think is worth sharing? Don't be shy! We love new ideas and insights. Send us a link to your post at email@example.com. Thanks to Jonathan Kohl for submitting an article this week.
Want to host the Carnival? Let John know: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oct 27 - http://trailridgeconsulting.typepad.com/pete_behrens_blog/2005/10/carnival_o f_agi_1.html
- Oct 20 - http://www.undefined.com/ia/archives/2005/10/carnival_of_the_5.html
- Oct 13 - http://trailridgeconsulting.typepad.com/pete_behrens_blog/2005/10/1013_carni val_o.html
- Oct 6 - http://www.undefined.com/ia/archives/2005/10/carnival_of_the_3.html
Posted by jb at November 3, 2005 11:04 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: