February 17, 2006
Carnival Of The Agilists - 02/16/2006
Welcome to the February 16th, 2006 edition of the Carnival of the Agilists. This is a biweekly roundup of the most interesting and helpful blog posts about agile methodologies, techniques and practices.
New voices wantedIf you write any blog posts that you'd like to see show up in the next carnival, send email to Agilists.Carnival@gmail.com.
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Jean Tabaka tells us all to put down your weapons, and slowly step away from the Gantt Chart (Ok, I'm just kidding about the first part)
- Glen Alleman has six trusted friends and if you're a project manager, you should probably have them too. This PDF might help too.
Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Why do agile software techniques work? Some thoughts from Scott Ambler.
- The Agile Web Design Manifesto by Emily Chang was inspired by Agile software development techniques.
- In a riff straight from Guy Kawasaki, Dwayne Melancon says Go Ugly Early.
Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- James Shore makes his case that Product Managers are critical to the success of an agile project.
- What's the best metric for productivity on an agile project. James Shore shares his thoughts on this as well.
Responding to change over following a plan
- Brian Marik talks about the value of testers in agile projects.
- Don't let the development team report to the process facilitator (Scrum Master, Product Owner, etc). Mishkin Berteig makes his case.
- Brad Appleton wrote a wonderful list of resources for learning and executing iterative development
- Want to learn and use eXtreme Programming? Alex Pukinskis says Start with Scrum.
- Johanna Rothman talks about providing feedback while pair programming.
The next edition will be on March 2nd, 2006. If you would like to participate, please send us a link to your post at email@example.com.
Or you can use the carnival submission form.
All previous editions of the Carnival are referenced at the Agile Alliance website
Want to help?If you'd like to join the carnival, and add your own take on the last two weeks in agility, let us know!
Posted by jb at February 17, 2006 08:49 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: